A Sound Financial Decision
Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing duct leaks. Just like anywhere else, ducts in commercial buildings leak. Leaking ducts cost you money via:
- Increased Energy Consumption – With fan power representing 40-50% of HVAC energy usage, leakage costs can be significant due to increases in fan speed to compensate for leakage; even 15% leakage can lead to an increase in system fan power of 40%
- Thermal Loss – When supply air escapes, variations in temperature between rooms and floors occur affecting comfort levels in this space
- Equipment Overload – Your system will run longer than specified to compensate for pressure loss and temperature accuracy; this could lead to increased maintenance costs and premature component replacement
- Code Issues – Leakage could lead to ventilation and safety code issues relating to exhaust, along with excessive fan power use
- Airflow Safety – For hospitals, laboratories and manufacturing facilities, the unexpected spread of contaminants and biohazards through back drafting could pose a liability
The computerized duct system inspection performed by Aeroseal will illustrate not only the building leakage percentage, but also the impact that sealing the leaks can have on your company’s bottom line. Using local utility rates, estimated system operating hours, and other inputs supplied by your operations personnel, our software closely calculates all the financial parameters of the project including:
- Simple payback
- Benefit-to-cost ratio and ROI
Let us help you secure increased comfort and air quality in your building as your company saves money. Contact your Aeroseal professionals today and weâ€™ll investigate and locate the hidden problem areas in your duct system. Weâ€™ll properly diagnose your system and provide you with a cost-effective, state-of-the-art solution to your duct issues that can save you huge capital and manpower expenditures. Aeroseal seals up the leaks. And the wasted money and hazards of faulty ductwork.
Reduce Your Energy and Ventilation Problems
Are you looking for ways to reduce your building’s energy costs, improve indoor air quality (IAQ), fix your venting issues and extend equipment life? Get a good start by taking a closer look at your ductwork. According to the US Department of Energy, a Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory study found that the leakage rates of commercial buildings exceed the ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) recommended classes by an average of 20 percent. Both new and old commercial buildings exhibit duct system problems including:
- Increased airflow due to duct leakage
- Improperly installed duct sealants
- Damaged sealants: thermal pressure and temperature cycling can damage sealants – especially the rubber-based adhesive found in duct tape -increasing leakage over time
But there’s a simple solution to this costly problem. You can reduce your energy and equipment repair costs resulting from compromised ductwork with the most advanced duct sealing in the industry – Aeroseal Certified Duct Diagnostics and Sealing.
How Does Aeroseal Work?
The patented Aeroseal duct-sealing technology is an effective and affordable method of sealing ductwork systems within commercial buildings. The Aeroseal duct sealing process begins and ends by conducting a thorough diagnostic test of the duct system. The process works like this:
The diffusers are temporarily blocked while sealant is blown throughout the duct system. Pressure maintained within the system causes the air to accelerate as it exits through the leaks. The Aeroseal particles build up to span and seal the holes – up to 5/8 of an inch – without coating the ductwork. Aeroseal effectively seals ductwork from the inside out by using UL-tested and approved sealing material.
At the conclusion of the process, the diagnostic test is performed again summarizing your building’s amount of leakage reduction to ensure Aeroseal was successful.
Additionally, the Department of Energy declared Aeroseal as one of the most beneficial energy technologies for American consumers.
Aspen Air Duct Cleaning is an approved Aeroseal Dealer, licensed and ensured, and a member of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) and National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI).
Please contact Aspen Air Duct Cleaning at 1-800-931-6653 for an Air Duct System Inspection and to learn more about how sealing air duct leaks can improve indoor air quality and reduce energy costs. Or email email@example.com.